Yevgeniy Valentinovich Kasperskiy|
October 4, 1965
|Known for||Founder of Kaspersky Lab|
Eugene Kaspersky (Russian: Евгений Валентинович Касперский, Yevgeniy Valentinovich Kasperskiy; born October 4, 1965 in Novorossiysk, USSR) is a specialist in the information security field. He has written articles on computer virology and speaks regularly at security seminars and conferences. Kaspersky co-founded the Kaspersky Lab, a privately held international company that produces antivirus and other computer security products, since 1997.
Kaspersky graduated from the Institute of Cryptography, Telecommunications and Computer Science, an institute co-sponsored by the Russian Ministry of Defence and the KGB in 1987. Kaspersky then worked at a multi-discipline scientific research institute until 1991. While there, the Cascade virus was detected on his computer, which increased Kaspersky's interest in information security and led to his studying the field of computer virology from 1989. Kaspersky joined the KAMI Information Technologies Center in 1991, where he and his associates developed the AVP anti-virus product. In 1997, he co-founded Kaspersky Lab, which was later run for a decade by his ex-wife Natalya Kaspersky. In November 2000, AVP was renamed 'Kaspersky Anti-Virus' after a dispute with a US partner. In 2007, Eugene was named the CEO of Kaspersky Labs. On June 12, 2009 he received the Russian State Award from president Medvedev for improving state security. In the same year, he received the People's Republic of China Friendship Award. Kaspersky was recently quoted as saying: "Everyone should and must have an identification, or internet passport,... The internet was designed not for public use, but for American scientists and the US military. Then it was introduced to the public and it was wrong...to introduce it in the same way."
- ↑ "Corrections and clarifications Kaspersky interview". London: The Guardian. 2008-02-13. http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2008/feb/13/4.
- ↑ Schofield, Jack (2008-01-31). "Technology interviews". London: The Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/31/eugene.kaspersky.
- ↑ "Kaspersky Virus Analysts". http://www.kaspersky.com/virusanalysts. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Eugene Kaspersky receives National Friendship Award of China, September 30, 2009
- ↑ "Security boss calls for end to net anonymity". Register article. 2009-10-16. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/16/kaspersky_rebukes_net_anonymity/.
- ↑ "Russian software tycoon Kaspersky's son 'missing'". BBC News (Interfax). 21 April 2011. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13159668. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- ↑ "Russian police free software tycoon Kaspersky's son". BBC News (Interfax). 24 April 2011. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13183724. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Yevgeny Kaspersky, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0