Kristi L. Holmes
|Kristi L. Holmes|
|Alma mater||Iowa State University|
|Doctoral advisor||Gloria M. Culver|
Kristi L. Holmes, PhD, is a Bioinformaticist at Becker Medical Library at Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine where her work includes the development and presentation of workshops and courses across the basic science and clinical communities as well as the application of bioinformatics resources to research problems through individualized consultations and collaborative relationships. She works in close partnership with various groups on campus to develop and support cross-disciplinary initiatives across a variety of subject areas. Her professional interests include the development and implementation of strategies to support education and training efforts related to various topics in biomedical research; collaboration support; open science; social network analysis; and understanding the impact of research efforts.
Dr. Holmes is a member of the Washington University Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences and the Leadership Committee for the Center for Biomedical Informatics at Washington University. She is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board for the journal Science Translational Medicine. She also serves as the National Outreach Coordinator for the VIVO: Enabling National Networking of Scientists effort (http://vivoweb.org).
- 2010 - current: National Outreach Coordinator, VIVO
- 2010 - current: Adjunct Faculty, University of North Texas College of Information
- 2007 - 2008: Course Developer and Instructor, National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- 2006 - current: Bioinformaticist, Bernard Becker Medical Library, Washington University in St. Louis
- 2005 - 2006: Lecturer, Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University
- 2000 - 2005: Ph.D.: Biochemistry, Iowa State University
- 1998 - 2000: B.S.: Biology, University of Nebraska - Kearney
- Sarli CC, Dubinsky EK, Holmes KL. Beyond citation analysis: a model for assessment of research impact. J Med Libr Assoc. 2010 Jan;98(1):17-23. PubMed PMID: 20098647; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2801963.
- Holmes KL, Dubinsky EK. Integration of Web 2.0 technologies in the translational research environment. Med Ref Serv Q. 2009 Oct;28(4):309-35. PubMed PMID: 20183032.
- Holmes KL, Culver GM. Analysis of conformational changes in 16 S rRNA during the course of 30 S subunit assembly. J Mol Biol. 2005 Nov 25;354(2):340-57. Epub 2005 Oct 5. PubMed PMID: 16246364.
- Mosher MD, Holmes KL, Frost KS. Structure-activity relationships for the 9-(pyridin-2'-yl)- aminoacridines. Molecules. 2004 Feb 28;9(3):102-8. PubMed PMID: 18007414.
- Holmes KL, Culver GM. Mapping structural differences between 30S ribosomal subunit assembly intermediates. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004 Feb;11(2):179-86. Epub 2004 Jan 11. PubMed PMID: 14730351.
Name: Kristi L. Holmes
Social Network Links
VIVO Profile: http://vivo.wustl.edu/display/n4754
Google Scholar Citations: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=QXecWWAAAAAJ